Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My little buddy...


As many of you know, I take a walk around the block (2 miles) each evening. Along the way, I have befriended a few intertesting friends. The most intriuging is my little buddy named Goofhead. He is a small donkey, that has bonded with me, and the slightest call from me, sends him scurring to the fence to recieve his treat. Each day, I bring him an apple or two, and he is only too glad to eat them. Of course the local competition has him on guard until he can consume his treat. A mule and a small mini horse share the field with Goofhead, and they have learned that when he bolts for the fence, that means apples are on!! Soon after my buddy arives, the battle royal is on! Kicking, bucking, and all versions of defensive moves are in play, as Goofhead defends his booty. It is out of compassion that I throw both suitors a small scrap. I am sure the farmer that actually owns my little friend, is very appreciative that I have trained his pet...

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! Elle wants to go with you and feed the animals, too.

    ReplyDelete